What is Granucal® ?
Granules of calcium lime made from a very fine powder. The granules can be spread accurately and break down very readily on contact with the soil to allow rapid dissolution.® Granucal is available in 500kg or 50kg bags
Positive Environmental Impact
Soil pH has a dramatic impact on the productivity of your arable soils and grassland.Soils are constantly being subjected to forces that will lower the pH including leaching by rainfall, the effects of nitrogen release from fertilisers, crop demand and decomposition of organic wastes.Optimising pH by using Granucal leads to better utilisation of applied fertiliser.Table showing the efficiency of fertiliser at different pH levels
|pH 4.5||pH 5.0||pH 5.5||pH 6.0||pH 7.0|
Bulk applications of ground limestone which generate dust are increasingly proving to be socially and environmentally unacceptable.® Granucal overcomes these issues.
Why use Granucal® ?
- Dust free therefore environmentally friendly
- Quick reaction – immediate pH improvement
- Applied with standard fertiliser spreader
- Suitable for tramline systems
- No need to hire a contractor
- Can be applied at most stages of crop cycle
- Can be used to spot treat paddocks
- Suitable for conacre ground
- Less ground compaction
- Suitable for grassland & tillage
- Increased flexibility with pH sensitive crops when considering crop rotation
- Increases agro-chemical effectiveness
- Better root growth
- N, P, K, Ca, Mg & S uptakes are all increased leading to improvements in crop yield, quality & disease resistance
- Accurate spreading therefore more efficient than conventional Ground Limestone
- Suitable for quad bike spreading
Applications are calculated depending on the soil type. In principal 60-110kg/hectare for sandy loam’s will give a 0.1 improvement in pH whilst for peat/organic soils 140-200kg/hectare would be required.
Granucal is suitable at any soil PH
|GENERAL APPLICATION RATES|
Should you require more detailed information on application rates contact your supplier who will recommend your optimum application rate.Lime deficiency can be accurately assessed by measuring soil pH with a metre or indicator solution. It is important to test your soil regularly.
After taking account of lower application rates, less waste as airborne dust and the use of own equipment ® for spreading, Granucal is a cost effective liming material. Using small amounts of lime regularly rather than irregular heavy applications helps to smooth cash flow.
The effectiveness of a liming material is dependent upon its neutralising value, fineness and reactivity.Granucal has a neutralizing value ( TNV ) of over 95%.Worldwide research has demonstrated that finely ground particles of Agricultural Lime have a greater and swifter effect on soil pH than coarse particles. Therefore a smaller quantity of a fine lime will have a similar effect as a larger quantity of coarse lime.
Granucal is so fine that 85% passes through a 0.160mm sieve before granulation. The speed of reaction of a liming material can be quantified ® by carrying out a Reactivity test. Granucal has a typical result of 80%. This means that it produces a greater nuetralising effect within the soil than other liming materials with lower reactivity precentage.
It is important not to apply excess Magnesium as this may induce Potassium deficiency, affect soil structure and reduce the speed of reaction.