WHAT IS OXYTOCINE AND ITS USE ? A GOOD TEAT PREPARATION
- Proper stimulation
- 1. Remove excess soil
- 2. Forestripping
- 3. Massaging the teats ( circular downward motion, 20-25 sec.)
- 4. Rubbing the teat ends (cleaning & sanitizing)
- When milk letdown occurs, attach milker unit immediately. You can’t afford to lose peak oxytocin flow
- When cow is milked out, remove the unit at once. Be sure takeoffs are properly adjusted.
- DON’T OVERMILK!! (AT THE BEGINNING, AS WELL AS, ENDING)
- Correct usage of these procedures will result in a milker unit on time reduction of 10-20% or more and a milk harvest increase of 1-5# per cow, per day, or more.
- Quick Spray
- Virolac Concentrate